[mythtv-users] Monitoring HDHomerun Signal Quality.

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Thu Jan 10 08:08:25 UTC 2013

We have a recurring problem where recordings are foobarred with digital
tearing, audio problems and sometimes the recording fails to finish.  It is
obviously related to our Signal Quality and Symbol Quality which the
HDHomerun will display.
Signal Strength 100% (0.3 dBmV)
Signal Quality 59% (29.4 dB)
Symbol Quality 55%

When we notice the problem we call the cable company and have to wait until
someone comes out to the neighborhood, it usually doesn't require them
coming to the house.  I suspect if the Signal Quality were logged I could
setup some notification via email or text message.  Is the Signal Quality
logged, or has anyone setup monitoring for this sort of thing?

Thanks,
Chuck