[mythtv-users] 0.26 commercial flagging issue, or network issue?

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 05:33:16 UTC 2013

> Ken--
>
> OK.  So, I looked at the Job Queue, and for one HGTV show (Property
Brothers), it found 7 commercial breaks.  But, for Kitchen Cousins (another
HGTV show), it errored with "Failed with Exit Status 140."

> So, now I'm really confused as it's only been doing it with last week's
and this week's (and a cut-up version of last week's) episodes of Kitchen
Cousins.  Could it be something with that show?

> Mike

What kind of capture card are you using?  The exit 140 is most likely a
segfault of mythcommflag. The devs have been saying  that there are
upstream problems in ffmpeg. This implies that there is probably something
going wrong in the capture stream that ffmpeg doesn't handle well. As I
said before, I had some good luck installing new firmware from Silicon Dust
for my HDHR-Prime. Prior to my update I was getting zero com flag
successes. Afterward, about 90% success. The firmware must have addressed
some of these problems. I always had almost 100% success with my OTA
recordings from my HVR-1800 and HDHR inputs.  The cable input through the
Prime was the sore point.

--Ken E.