[mythtv-users] 0.26 commercial flagging issue, or network issue?

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 04:10:03 UTC 2013

On Jan 9, 2013 9:00 PM, "Michael A Weber" <mweberjunk01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The majority of the shows I record happen to be on HGTV, and the last
three recordings which, coincidentally, are the only recordings since I
upgraded to 0.26 fixes, also have no commercial flagging.  I have checked
the recording schedule and the shows I have listed to record also are set
to commercial flag after recording, but it's not happening.

> I'm wondering… is this something with 0.26-fixes, or is it that HGTV has
changed the way they transition to commercials and MythTV can no longer
detect the commercials in the ordinary way?

> My bet is the latter.
>
> Mike

Are your recordings not being flagged or is the flagging failing? Check the
jobs in the back end status page. There have been two different
observations or problems discussed on this list. I see the flag jobs
failing (usually segfault) and always on the hdhr-prime with caable card.
I have improved that problem to almost nonexistence by upgrading the
firmware in my hdhr-prime (still fails on The Daily Show :-(   ).

--Ken E.