[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.26 records live TV without being told to do so

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 03:00:53 UTC 2013

Am 09.01.2013 07:18, schrieb Jean-Yves Avenard:
> On 9 January 2013 10:03, Malte Gell <malte.gell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just discovered that MythTV 0.26 records live TV even though I never
>> told it to do so. Why is it doing this? I did not start recording and
>> did not schedule a recording. Is this some kind of time shifting or what
>> causes this behaviour? How can I stop this? I only want to record
>> something when I really want to and do not want MythTV to start
>> recording on its own.

> Did you, by any chance, simply change the filtering option in the
> "Watch Recordings" screen?
> by default it won't show liveTV recordings, but you can make it show them...

I did not change the filter there, actually I don´t see an option to
show the live recordings. If I can see the live recordings there at
least I could delete them manually there.

But why does MythTV make these live recordings at all? Kaffeine can play
DVB-C without saving any recordings in big files. These live recordings
waste GB of space on my harddrive.

Malte