[mythtv-users] How do I enter video # for metadata lookup?!

BP lists at qucae.com
Tue Jan 8 05:04:05 UTC 2013

On 01/07/2013 01:34 PM, Andrey Zhunev wrote:

> Monday, January 7, 2013, 11:55:18 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On 1/7/2013 11:02, Andrey Zhunev wrote:
>>> That makes me think that "Subtitle" may not be the right field for the
>>> video id.
>
>> That's correct. The right field is "inetref", or at least in Arclight,
>> "TMDB Number".
>

> I just checked it in MythCenter and Terra themes, and there was no
> such field... :-( But in Mythbuntu there was! :-)
>

> Is there a way in Theme Chooser to see which theme was updated to
> "accomodate" the recent MythTV changes?
>

> Ugh... My wife is used to MythCenter, now I have a new challenge to
> find an up-to-date theme that is as simple and nice-looking (and we
> use a 4:3 screen in one room - I know it's old, but it does the job
> just fine).
>

> Thanks a lot to All for your help!

I know this answer will be frowned upon, but I have found that directly
updating the entry in the database is much faster (you do have to exit
the Video module and re-enter it to update its local cache).  This also
applies if your theme has not been updated.

When it was on the menu, it was really fast to do through the ui.  After
it was moved to the Edit screen, it takes two menu clicks, several field
changes, then you have to bring up the keyboard to delete the default
string of zeros (extremely annoying), then you can dismiss the keyboard
to enter the numbers directly with the remote number keys (faster than
using the keyboard).  then you have to go through several more field
changes to get to the OK button.  You then go back to the video screen
and have to initiate an update through more menu clicks.