[mythtv-users] mythbackend.log: Recording will not commence until a PMT is set.

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 01:59:17 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/09/2012 10:35 AM, Greg Grotsky wrote:
>
>> I just upgraded to v0.27-pre2-312-g9aaed0b-dirty on December 6th. Over
>> the last few days I have missed a couple recordings. I looked into the
>> failure and a message appears in the backend log file, several times a
>> second. It happened the entire time the recording was supposed to record,
>> thousands of these messages show up in the backend log file:
>>
>> 2012-12-09 02:29:01.330803 W [3859/18301] RecThread
>> recorders/hdhrrecorder.cpp:99 (run) - HDHRRec(7): Recording will not
>> commence until a PMT is set.

> Hi;
>
> I've had the problem too. Also, one person on IRC commented about it.
> In my case, DVB is being used (as opposed to HDHR.)
>
> Odd thing is, its OK now. On IRC, multiple channels were involved. For me,
> it was three shows on NBC. During one of the failures, a show on CBS
> recorded
> just fine.
>
> From 11/30 to date, 28 DVB (OTA) shows were recorded. I've had good
> recordings
> before and after the three failures, including 8 shows on NBC.
>
> All of this was on v0.27-pre2-278-g3eef99e. Not any help, but you're not
> alone
> and, perhaps it wasn't just sun spots ;). Also, my backend shuts down when
> idle,
> so there are cold boots at least daily. Running Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, the
> failures
> were on a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR2250.
>
> From 10/29 to 11/30 I was running 0.26-pre-85 (really 0.27.)
>
> --
> Bill

Are you two still seeing this problem?  I have now had about eight failures
of this type starting about the second week in December.  At first I
thought it was my HVR-1800 going bad since the failures were always on the
first input, so I replaced it last week with a second HDHR (HDHR3) and
thought my problem would go away. Unfortunately I've had two failures since
then. The failures are always the first input but that may or may not be
relevant.  I caught the problem in the act Sunday night recording The
Mentalist.  It was 45 minutes into the show and still producing the
"recording will not commence" message.  I stopped the recording and then
re-enabled it.  At that point it began recording just fine.  At least I'll
find out who dunnit.  :-)

MythTV Version: v0.27-pre2-402-g3c3dd7c

-- Ken E.