[mythtv-users] after pause screen turns black when resuming hd movie

Scott Smith pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 7 20:00:19 UTC 2013

________________________________
From: Rob Verduijn <rob.verduijn at gmail.com>
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wed, December 19, 2012 8:37:10 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] after pause screen turns black when resuming hd movie

Hello,

When watching a hd movie using vdpau the screen turns black when resuming the
viewing after a pause.
During the pause the image of the hd movie stays visible but when I resume the
movie the screen turns black while the audio continues.

I'm still using mythtv 0.25-2 on opensuse 12.2 x86_64.

I'm still waiting for the 0.25-3 rpm's to be released by packman and upgrading
to 0.26 is not an option because live tv won't work for me in 0.26 (the ivtv
issue)

Any ideas ?
Rob

Ive had the same issue but it happens with any  video played in mythtv. If I
pause or mythtv starts a new recording file with live tv the screen blacks out.
I suspect it may be the nvidia driver. What is your video card?
One workaround Ive been using is to go into the program guide and then back out.
When i do this the video comes back.

Scott