[mythtv-users] How do I enter video # for metadata lookup?!

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Mon Jan 7 16:02:12 UTC 2013

Hello Scott,

> Poke around in that "I" menu a little.  There will be a panel for
> something like Edit Metadata (going off of my poor memory here) where
> you can enter the number.  The new site to look these up is
> http://www.themoviedb.org/ and you will need to extract it from the
> URL.  One of my most troublesome movies has always been 300, which is
> now at http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1271-300 making it's ID 1271.

> After you enter that number in the correct field, just go back and
> select Retrieve All Data and it will work every time.

The field is now probably called "Subtitle". At least, that's the only
field where I could enter a large number (except the "Title" itself
and a "unique player command").

After putting the video ID there (taken from themoviedb) and
retrieving video details again, a window pops up stating "retrieving
video details for <my video id>" - so it looks like a correct field.
But... nothing happens after that, and the metadata is not retrieved.

I tried with several different IDs from themoviedb, and none worked...

That makes me think that "Subtitle" may not be the right field for the
video id. But I can't find anything else...

I compile MythTV from source by myself. May that be the reason? But
the lookup works Ok for _some_ videos (with "easy" file names), so
it's not that it doesn't work at all...