[mythtv-users] android playback without HLS?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Jan 6 22:10:25 UTC 2013

On 13-01-06 03:39 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:

> Brian,

Hi Daniel,

> What tablet are you using?

Lenovo IdeaPad A2109

> What version of Android is on it ?

JellyBean, 4.1.1.

> What are you using for your backend?

Mythbuntu

> Version?

2:0.25.3+fixes.20130104.010e576-0ubuntu0mythbuntu3

> Distro?

Ubuntu Precise (LTS).

> Do you have a large number of recordings? (greater than 1000)

Hrm.  Good question.  According to the files in my storage groups, 502.

> Do you have a streaming storage group setup

I don't think so since I've never heard of that before.

> and does your account have
> access to it?

Which "account"?  I didn't know there was any account between a myth
client and the server.

> We do have some pretty extensive faq and help on the wiki on github where
> the code is hosted. Have you checked them out? We try to address all the
> issues users are having with the app.

Well, the problem is that other than the messages I gave you, and that
the Android app just doesn't play anything chosen, there's not much to
work with.  I guess I thought it all just kinda worked "out of the box"
without much need for configuration.  If there is some
configuration/setup that needs doing on the BE, I'll gladly take a
pointer.  Might be useful to have said pointer in the Android app, up
front though, if it's always necessary so that future users know this.

Cheers,
b.