[mythtv-users] MobileMyth Web Frontend Released!

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:18:31 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Fred Watt <fredwattmythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 05/01/13 00:40, Phill Edwards wrote:
>
> This is working for me on my Android 4.1 tablet - thanks!
>
> One question I have (which is more an Android question than a mobilemyth
> question) is whether it's possible to seek forwards/backwards at all when
> watching a stream? Is it possible on some Android video players, and if so
> which ones? Or is it not possible to do this at all from a stream?

>  Try diceplayer - I use this with cifs/upnp (twonky) with recordings -
> uses hw decoding on a nexus 7, and allows forward, backward skipping.

The more I have tested it on android the more it varies.  it depends on
base os, app being used, whether the transcode is complete or not.  Not
only can skipping be an issue but for our use case of night time baby
feedings pause becomes an important part.  Some resume at the beginning, at
the spot expected, or where the current transcode progress is.  I'll try to
put a chart together documenting all the "features" of each player so you
can pick the ones that best fits your particular use case.  I can say iOS
(I am testing on and iPad 1) works exactly how you would expect it all to
work.

Jon