[mythtv-users] Architecture Idea - Raspberry Pi, VM, XBMC

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 17:03:25 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 1/5/2013 09:37, Roger Heflin wrote:
>>
>> The baseline Atom board with a good power supply runs
>> about 30-40W at idle
>

> Thats awful! My 3.1GHz Ivy Bridge with a middling power supply only runs
> about 25W idle.

It is a 3 year old machine measured at the outlet plug.

What kind of meter are you using to measure that?

My ivy bridge laptop runs 17W at idle with the screen off, and that is with
a low power laptop cpu vs a high power desktop cpu and for the most part most
of the desktop motherboards don't do that well on power savings at the
mb level, where
the laptop chips are setup for power savings.