[mythtv-users] Removing channels

Scott Harris scott.harris0509 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 00:27:26 UTC 2013

>I want to remove a bunch of channels from my lineup. I looked at this
>web page (http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html) (which has
>old info on it regarding removing channels), but I used it to go to my
>Schedules Direct account and remove some of the channels I don't want
>to see. Now that I have removed them from Schedules Direct, the next
>time mythfilldatabase runs will it remove those channels? My goal is to
>not have them show up in the Program listing or on mythweb.
>
>Paul
Removing them from your Schedules Direct lineup will not remove them
from myth.  Go into Myth Setup -> Channels and delete them from there.
The other thing you can do if you don't want to delete them completely
(in case you decide you want them back) is go into Mythweb -> Settings
-> TV -> Channel info and simply uncheck "Visible" for any channels you
don't want to see.  They won't show up anywhere, but they're easily
recovered.