[mythtv-users] Live TV not working

jos j.bouten at concepts.nl
Thu Jan 3 20:16:08 UTC 2013

On 03-01-13 05:24, Adrian Romano wrote:
> Hi, I just set up my htpc and I am having some trouble with mythtv. I am
> running a Ceton InfiniTV 4 card with Ubuntu 12.10. The card is
> functioning properly, as I can tune the channels with the website and
> view the feeds via mplayer. I ran through all the setup in MythTV (I set
> up the myth control center for .26), setting up the 4 tuners and the
> video source, then setting each tuner to use the video source. I ran
> mythfilldatabase and everything loaded. Everything looks good with the
> program guide. I can view program data and schedule recordings, but when
> it comes time to record of view TV it doesn't work. I simply get a
> message that says "Playback starting..." for a few seconds, then it goes
> away. I checked the output of the log and get the following:
>
> 2013-01-02 23:14:46.974550 I  Using protocol version 72
> 2013-01-02 23:14:46.975621 N  TV: Spawning LiveTV Recorder -- begin
> 2013-01-02 23:14:51.336623 N  TV: Spawning LiveTV Recorder -- end
> 2013-01-02 23:14:51.337081 E  GetEntryAt(-1) failed.
> 2013-01-02 23:14:51.337090 E  It appears that your backend may be
> misconfigured.  Check your backend logs to determine whether your
> capture cards, lineups, channels, or storage configuration are reporting
> errors.  This issue is commonly caused by failing to complete all setup
> steps properly.  You may wish to review the documentation for mythtv-setup.
> 2013-01-02 23:14:51.337148 E  EntryToProgram(0 at Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969)
> failed to get pginfo
> 2013-01-02 23:14:51.337161 E  TV: HandleStateChange(): LiveTV not
> successfully started
> 2013-01-02 23:14:51.337233 E  TV: LiveTV not successfully started
>
> I know it is at least attempting to do something, because it tunes the
> channel back to channel 1 when I click Watch TV, and if I have mplayer
> up it freezes. I tried setting the first-tune station to something other
> than 1 to see if that did anything but I had no luck.
> My last thing to try was to install the drivers for the tuning adapter,
> thinking mythTV might use it, even though I didn't see this mentioned
> anywhere, but it also had no effect.
> I know there are people using this card with MythTV and I purchased all
> my hardware specifically to use this setup, so I hope there is someone
> out there that can help me. Thanks.
>
> -Adrian

Hi,

I've had similar problems. The 'GetEntryAt(-1)' is an indication that
mythtv can not find a particular channel. You might want to check the
log of the mysql server and see which info the backend is requesting or
storing in the database. After investigiating this and reading some
comments on the net, I found the answer to the problem. In my case this
error message meant that the starting channel I entered when configuring
the tv-cards was incorrect. The mysql-log had some messages which
supported this idea. After leaving the field blank, live tv started
without a problem.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Max