[mythtv-users] an easier way to create "friendly" names for converted files

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jan 3 15:07:25 UTC 2013

* On Thu Jan 03, 2013 at 01:22:41AM -0500, Larry Roberts wrote:
> My end goal is to get a couple of daily recordings converted to a roku
> compatible format with friendly names for my wife to watch on the roku
> in our bedroom.

Search for 'mythrokuplayer' on your favorite search engine.  It's a
native app that you can install on your Roku.  It has a server-side
component that serves up the xml the app needs to browse recordings
that are transcoded by user jobs.

One of the projects I'm slowly working on is on-demand HTTP Live Stream
encoding in MythTV so that you won't need to do the pre-transcoding
in order to do something like watch a non-.mp4 recording/file on your
Roku.  I've actually used my Roku with the current HTTP Live Stream
functionality built into MythTV, but it was a hack using a pre-transcoded
stream and hard-coded URL since the Roku couldn't create the streams via
the mythbackend services API.

One of my goals with the on-demand HLS support (when I finally get time
to finish it) is to have out of the box Roku support with the MythTV
Roku app in the channel store.

--
Chris