[mythtv-users] Good card to buy for Comcast

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 15:46:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Scott Simpson
<scottsimpson1240 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 01/01/2013 04:01 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>>
>> Right, a common solution for the channels that are marked
>> as copy-once (the premiums for Comcast, almost everything
>> for some other providers) is to use the analog capture capabilities
>> of something like a HD-PVR.
>

> So I guess the $64,000 question is is there a way to separate channels in
> regions so I say record all my recordings with my Prime Cablecard EXCEPT
> channels X, Y, and Z which I want to use my PVR-350 for? I have NBA League
> Pass which I'd like to record and I imagine this won't work with my Prime
> Cablecard. I guess I won't throw out my trusty dusty PVR-350 yet (if I can
> find the damn breakout cable). I ordered the IguanaWorks IR blaster which
> should suit me just fine.

I would also look at the Ceton cablecard tuner if your backend has a
free PCIe slot, it has 4 tuners instead of "only" 3. I'm using a Ceton
and have had no issues with it.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ceton_InfiniTV_4
they also have a USB version, but I have no experience with it.

I am also on Comcast and have NBA League Pass as well, I am able to
record those channels via the Ceton, In theory all the CCI codes for
all Comcast regions should be the same so you should not have an
issue.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!