[mythtv-users] UPnP Client Recording Times

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 02:24:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Rick Aufranc <rickau at excite.com> wrote:
> Any thoughts?

Think in UTC?(*)

In recent releases, the backend stores all times in UTC.  Sounds
like your upnp device is not adjusting correctly if you want it to
display in local time.  You should open a ticket with the provider
of those clients and ask them to display the time in the local
time of the device (which may or may not even be in the same
timezone as your upnp server, which is why it must be done in
the client).

Gary

(*) All my systems display UTC, so does the watch on my wrist,
and the clocks in my residence and vehicle.  It makes life much
easier to think in UTC.  One only needs to know which timezone
one is in, and add/subtract(**) accordingly for local time requests.

(**) And according to peer reviewed medical studies, using
one's mind seems to correlate(***) with delaying the effects
of certain mental dementia's, including Alzheimer's.

(***) Obligatory xkcd reference: http://xkcd.com/552/