[mythtv-users] ZoneMinder plug in incompatible with network triggers

David Smoot davidsmoot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 21:36:45 UTC 2013

If you are bored, would you mind trying the zmtrigger.pl plugin?  You
should be able to start it up and then trigger an alarm event with a telnet
connection to port 6802.  Even if you don't trigger it, I'm just curious if
the zmtrigger.pl process dies for you in 10 minutes or less like it does
for me. The zmtrigger plug in works for its intended task, it just crashes
a lot.  I have found others who faced the same symptoms and their cure was
to switch to mapped memory.  My solution might be as simple as recompiling
ZoneMinder for mapped rather than shared.