[mythtv-users] Ceton Infinitv USB issues

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Feb 24 00:37:53 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM, michael helmer <micmizer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow... I clearly missed "infinitv_usbd is the user space linux driver for
> the Ceton InfiniTV USB." in the README. I foolishly just did the
> configure/make/make install. =/ Thanks Allen for pointing that out!
>
> I am unfortunately still unable to watch/record TV in MythTV. I have also
> tried capturing the infinitv client stream with netcat and that is still
> producing 0 byte files. The last week I have been trying to get network
> tuners working in Windows MCE and I havent had any luck with that either.
> Normal tuner configuration works great though! My end goal would be to have
> network tuners working in MCE so I can record copy once shows and have 3
> tuners presented to MythTV.
>
> In Windows I know the traffic is there on the wire as I captured a wireshark
> trace and can see all of the UDP traffic going to port 5001. When I run the
> client.py in Linux and capture on lo I am seeing some bizarre malformed
> packets and destination unreachable for ICMP on the local 127.0.0.1.
>
> This loops forever:
> 1    0.000000    192.168.180.3    192.168.180.3    YAMI    1370
> [Malformed Packet]
> 2    0.000245    127.0.0.1    127.0.0.1    MPEG TS    1358    Source port:
> 43409  Destination port: irdmi
> 3    0.000264    127.0.0.1    127.0.0.1    ICMP    590    Destination
> unreachable (Port unreachable)
>
> It sure seems like a network issue or something blocking these ports. In
> windows I uninstalled all antivirus software and disabled the firewall and i
> see the same behaviour. The same is true for my Ubuntu box.

Stick to either trying to get it working in myth (or using the python
script) with it installed on your linux box, or in WMC with it
installed in your Windows box. The reason I say that is, I think
you'll have a bit of difficulty getting it working between systems. By
default, the Ceton is on it's own subnet that is separate from your
LAN. Thus the RTP packets will never leave the local system. With the
PCIe version, you need to bridge the 2 interfaces together and
configure the Ceton with a custom IP address on the same subnet as the
rest of your LAN. Not sure if that's any trickier to do with USB
version or not. And I haven't the slightest clue how to do that under
windows.

So in short....you'll want to avoid all of that mess until you are
positive your hardware works and the cablecard is provisioned
properly. Then you can start thinking about the more complex
configuration.

--
Ron Frazier