[mythtv-users] lossless cut issues with ceton infinitv

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Fri Feb 22 16:28:47 UTC 2013

Krys,
For the moment lets put the bug reporting abort to aside and focus onthe
pastbin of the Lossless Cut log.

1) You can ignore the "TS continuity counter not incremented prev/curr
11/13" as this is a message from the app which is extracting the
subtitletext track from the original recording. I do not actually know
what the message means but it is not likely related to the video issue.
2) There is nothing obvious in the log indicating what the problem is.
3) Even though you mentionthe frozen video image happens around a
commercial break, there is no cut list associated with the original
video. This should not be an issue but is unusual for the general
purpose of Lossless Cut.
4) In general issues as you describe happen when the original recording
has some corruption in it. The MythTV player is very resilient when
playing back corrupted recordings which failbeing lossless cuts using
the utility mkvmerge.

If it is acceptable I would like you to try some tests.
1) Try Lossless Cut with the"-m" options on a different recording to see
if the mkvvideo file is OK. I am trying to determine if the issue was a
corrupted recording or an problem with all your Ceton Infinitv
recordings. See: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut#Cut_and_Save
2) Try adding a commercial cut to the original offending recording to
see if that makes a difference. See:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Editing_Recordings

Replyon this mailing list with the results and a pastebin link to any
logs from a problem lossless cut.

With the comments that Lossless Cut working on other "Ceton Infinitv"
installs I suspect we may be able to get this working. With that being
said I have found that the HDHomerun has variable results when used with
Lossless Cut. Hopefully that is not the case with a "Ceton Infinitv".

Doug