[mythtv-users] lossless cut issues with ceton infinitv

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Feb 22 13:22:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Krys Allen <allen.krys at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> I have been testing out the lossless cut script on my mythbuntu box running
> 0.26. So far I haven't been able to have much success even though the script
> says successfully completed. So far I end up with a .mkv file that plays up
> until sometime near the first commercial break, at that point the video
> freezes and the audio continues. I have a log from the script, but more
> importantly i tried to run the bug report and it errors out.
>
> krys at Opti745:/tmp$ ll_report -f "/media/recordings/1731_20130220150200.mpg"
> -b
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/lossless_cut/ll_report.py", line 697, in <module>
>     LL_REPORT.ll_report()
>   File "/usr/share/lossless_cut/ll_report.py", line 339, in ll_report
>     self.mythtvinterface.get_recorded_data()
>   File "/usr/share/lossless_cut/importcode/mythtvinterface.py", line 520, in
> get_recorded_data
>     self._get_cutlist_data()
>   File "/usr/share/lossless_cut/importcode/mythtvinterface.py", line 547, in
> _get_cutlist_data
>     self.configuration['gencutlist']:
> KeyError: 'gencutlist'
>
> I would like to get the bug report to work so I can get some diagnotic info
> for someone to be able to help. Any ideas why the bug report is crashing? It
> looks to be complaining about not finding the cutlist, but mythweb shows
> that the commercials were detected and flagged.

If you check the forums, there have been a lot of people (with all
different tuners) having issues with lossless transcoding. Someone
posted a workaround that involved switching back to using 0.25's
version of mythtranscode. I did that and it's been working great
since. That was back in December, I think. Not sure if any patches
have fixed it since then, but the 0.25 version is working fine and
I've got better things to mess with, so I have tried switching back.

--
Ron Frazier