[mythtv-users] Several inputs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 21 18:10:09 UTC 2013

On 02/21/2013 11:40 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:

>> Ah, I didn't read the beginning of this thread closely enough.  Sorry.
>> What you want is to exclude one channel for a specfic recording rule.
>> You have to use a custom recording rule for that.  You're in luck
>> since there's already an example of how to do that.  See the "Exclude
>> one station" example in the custom rule editor.
> Ah- thanks!  I hadn't seen that.  I'll have to give it a whirl.

Yeah, that's what I was recommending for your case--a custom rule that
specifies which channels to include or exclude.  That was the "or
something else--i.e. in this case, I'd recommend" part after I mentioned
that having 2 "this channel" rules would be very ugly.  I suppose I
should have pointed out that we had example clauses for all 3 (yes, 3!)
cases:

1) "Only on a specific station", applied twice with an OR relationship
2) "Exclude one station"
3) "Only channels from the Favorites group" modified to use whatever
channel group you've created that doesn't contain the channel you want
to exclude.

And, the custom rule approach will result in only one rule, so only one
"max episodes" to manage.

Mike