[mythtv-users] How to make the image gallery show MTS files?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Feb 19 23:39:41 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Marco Nelissen
<marco.nelissen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Michael T. Dean
>> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> > Why not just name the file using one of the known extensions?  It seems
>> > the
>> > least of all evils, especially since--on any proper OS, including
>> > GNU/Linux--file extension is meaningless (basically just being  a carry
>> > over
>> > from a certain incapable OS that many are used to).
>>
>> I assume it was something like wanting to take the card out of your
>> camera, pop it into your frontend to view, and then put it back in the
>> camera with the working files still on it.
>

> Something like that. There's an EyeFi card in the camera so I don't even
> need to remove the card, the pictures just show up in the gallery
> automatically :)
> I edited the mythgallery.so binary, and that solved the problem with the
> .mts videos. Who needs wmv support anyway, right?

So how does that work? Are you accessing it off the card? Or does the
card upload it automatically, so that's it locally stored on the
mythbox during playback? If uploaded, then there is another way you
could have solved it. You could install a service called incron to
launch a script to rename the file after it is finished being
uploaded. I do stuff like that with incron. When my android phone
finishes uploading a video to a certain directory, the frontend
launches playback in myth automatically.

--
Ron Frazier