[mythtv-users] Integrating TVheadend and MythTV

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 12:40:01 UTC 2013

Well so far I have managed to connect the Tevii s660 to the Raspberry Pi
running openelec/tvheadend and successfully stream to the XBMC pvr client
with great results so the tuning/hardware works fine. BBC HD was breaking
up slightly...next thing to try is overclocking the raspbpi and also
running a more stripped down linux+tvheadend combo.

Thus far I did try putting mythbackend on Raspbian and get it to installl
and run and tune the sat channels of a fashion but failed to connect a
remote frontend. More work needed on this one but again, overclocking and
doing a bit of streamlining and working out where things are failing is
needed but things look promising.

I have also ordered a TBS MOI Streaming box just to add another variable in
the mix. for the money (including the extra Android stick) it gives me my
current tvheadend setup in a standalone unit that is boxed and a bit more
consumer friendly...ideally I would like to get Mythbackend running on the
moi and then having a slave with twin tuners in a compact form factor would
be ideal.

Time is proving to be the only stumbling block at present but I shall
persevere. At least tvheadend is proving the tevii s660 support under Linux
is now actually pretty stable. Its a start but I want the full pvr
capability mythtv offers ideally.

Martin