[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV4 and Cisco/SA cable cards - Known Issue

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Feb 19 00:12:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Tom Culpepper <tculpepp at gmail.com> wrote:
> So after a few days of back and forth with comcast trying to get my
> CableCARD up and running in my InfiniTV I finally got someone who was
> actually very helpful and may have my solution.
>
> It turns out there is a known issue (documented in the comcast database
> anyway) with InfiniTV4 pcie and USB cards and all Cisco/Scientific Atlanta
> cable cards.  Everything will activate and pair properly, but you will never
> get a channel list.
>
> Comcast's official info on this says to open a ticket with Ceton and they
> have the fix.
>
> I have a ticket open, but I haven't heard back yet.  I will update this as
> to whether or not it was valid info.
>
> Just thought I would share some for anyone else beating their head against
> the wall trying to make this work.
>
> -tom

Uhh, sounds a bit fishy to me. I've been running my Ceton for nearly 2
years on a "Cisco (Scientific-Atlanta)" cablecard without a problem.
I've tested every version of the firmware, and every version of the
driver except the latest.  I'd say it may be a Comcast specific issue,
except that I know dozens of Comcast users who have had no problems.
Could be that comcast rolled out a borked update, but I doubt it.
Could be some other new issue, like maybe a Windows 8 specific
problem.

Almost sounds to me like a CSR had no clue what the problem was,
decided your call was eating into his time to much, and found a
creative way to make you someone else's problem. But I'll be curious
to hear what Ceton says. If you don't get a response from them
tomorrow, try contacting their inux at cetoncorp.com email address.
They've always been pretty responsive.

P.S. While it's possible he (or you) may have stated it incorrect, if
it really is the case it's not getting a channel map, you can verify
that. Go to the card's web interface, CableCard tab, and at the bottom
is "Number of Channels" and Channel Maps Received". And if you click
on the "Number of Channels" link, you can see the channel map data.

--
Ron Frazier