[mythtv-users] Fixing double button presses by disabling remote in X windows

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 18 12:44:58 UTC 2013

On 02/16/2013 03:40 PM, Jerry wrote:
> I made another small addition to the wiki:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/LIRC#Troubleshooting
>
> It describes how to disable X from listening to your remote if you are
> using LIRC instead.  It threw me for a loop for a little while until I
> found a solution and I thought others might benefit.

Generally most people configure the remote so that it's used only by
LIRC, if using LIRC, or only by the kernel, if they really think they
don't want LIRC.  That may be more appropriate, unless you really want
the remote to "work" without LIRC in the text-mode console, but only use
LIRC in X.  See, for example,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/504746#504746

Mike