[mythtv-users] DPMS activating during MythMusic (0.26)

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Sat Feb 16 01:22:58 UTC 2013

On 16/02/2013 12:10 PM, Michael Watson wrote:
> On 16/02/2013 8:14 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:

>>> Ill give it a go, but wont be able to get to it until Monday Night.
>>>

>> OK thanks, Don't know if you use master or 0.26-fixes so I've
>> attached a patch for both. I've only compile tested them since I
>> don't use either I only run Myth from my fork.
>>
>> I never used this feature so had to reconstruct it from looking at
>> the old code. Hopefully its working something like it used to.
>>
>> There is a new setting on the visualisations settings page to set the
>> delay or set it to 0 to turn it off. It will switch to the fullscreen
>> visualiser view after the delay when on the Current Playlist view,
>> both Playlist Editor views, Search view or the Radio Stream view are
>> being shown. Pressing any key will reset the delay timer. The delay
>> timer is stopped when any popup or other screen is shown like the
>> Edit Metadata screen or the popup menu is visible and will resume
>> when they close.
>>
>> Paul H.
>
> Compiled using these commands
>
> sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv
> apt-get source mythtv
> cd mythtv-0.26.0+fixes.20130205.a1b9b1f
> patch -p1 < visualdelay_fixes-0.26.diff
> dpkg-source --commit
> dpkg-buildpackage
> sudo dpkg -i
> ./mythmusic_0.26.0+fixes.20130205.a1b9b1f-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1_amd64.deb
>
> Get this when entering "Visualisations Settings"
>
> 2013-02-16 12:07:49.283306 E  Container 'visualization settings' is
> missing child 'visualmodedelay'
> Handling Segmentation fault
> Segmentation fault

But, MythMusic does  automatically switch to the visualiser after
'visualmodedelay' previously set in "settings" table.
It doesn't exit visualizer by pressing any key, pressing escape exits
back to menu, whilst pressing M -> Switch View works as expected.
Volume Up/Down, next / previous track all work as expected whilst
visualizer is running.

(I think that previously pressing escape would exit the visualizer back
to the previous View, which I think would be preferable rather than "any
key")