[mythtv-users] finding right alsa device for eeebox PC (ION2) and HDMI

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Feb 15 00:27:08 UTC 2013

On 13-02-14 07:03 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> well, it obviously doesn't work with that box does it?

Hrm.  You seem to be misunderstanding.  Everything is working with this
new eeepc box as much as it was working with the old box.  Ultimately, I
am happy with the audio.  With the new box I am successfully getting
DD/DTS 5.1 output as I was with the old one.  I haven't done any testing
to see what the magic bullet was but I suspect it was your advise to
turn on the amp first, then the TV, then the eeepc machine.

> I asked you to provide a full log, you didn't..

You can still have a log if you want it.  I offered it at the time I
reported my success but didn't send it since I was reporting everything
was working (well, everything except the odd "connection" status in the
audio setup screen) and assumed that if it was all working there
wouldn't be much to see in the log.  You didn't say you still wanted it.

> not much I can help if you prefer not to follow the request of the
> person trying to help

Seriously... the only thing "odd" (I wouldn't even say "not working"
since ultimately I can get DD/DTS 5.1 and that's all I really care
about) is that I do get 5.1 via DD/DTS even though the audio setup
display says only 2.0 (LPCM).  So it's nothing more than an odd display
artifact.  If you want to look further into that, I am happy to supply a
log, but since ultimately I am achieving what I want (5.1 output with
DD/DTS) if you didn't want to dig any further, I won't be disappointed.

Cheers,
b.