[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading for 0.25 to 0.26

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:53:23 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 12:16 AM, gcsa60 wrote:

Hi;

I was expecting to see your response to Mike's suggestion,
but this is my 2 cents:

> It just becomes more and more curious.
>
> Below is the link to the file generated using the logpath command.
>
>   http://paste.ubuntu.com/1642062/

Nicely done, thanks.

> I have to say I'm confused by this because this is not the same log I was looking at before (i.e. /var/log/mythtv/mythtv-setup.log which was
> huge) and the line you were looking for before now reads.
>
> CoreContext schemawizard.cpp:118 (Compare) - Current MythTV Schema Version (DBSchemaVer): 1307
>

> There must be another Mythtv-setup.log somewhere.

That suggests that the original information you looked at was from
an old log. Looking at lines 9 and 64 of what you pasted says you're
on 0.26 and the database conversion was successful!

>> When you stopped your backend, did you verify that it actually stopped?
>> I'm asking because there have been reports of it not stopping, especially
>> if its recording at the time. ps ax | grep mythbackend | grep -v grep
>> would prove it.
>
> This is the output to the above command.
>
> 15007 ?        Sl    62:56 /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv
> 15287 ?        Sl    67:49 /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv
>
> I'm wasn't sure what this meant so I went to the system monitor and the only  Myth process running was mythcdserver.  I'm not sure what that
> means either.

That says the backend wasn't truly stopped. So, after doing a your
distribution's 'normal' method of stopping the backend, I'd
check again and then do pkill mythbackend until the result of
the above returns nothing. Or, just reboot, as Mike said.

I don't know what "mythcdserver" is. mythlogserver wouldn't
surprise me.

--
Bill