[mythtv-users] Just wanted to say thanks!!!

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Wed Feb 13 02:44:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Michael Watson
<michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:

> Number of Shows:    1498
> Number of Episodes:  58403
> First Recording:    Wednesday August 13th, 2008
> Last Recording:     Wednesday February 13th, 2013
> Total Running Time: 4 years 6 months 1 day 1 hr 9 mins
> Total Recorded: 3 years 10 months 17 days 6 hrs 6 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 86%
>
> Started using myth on 06, but had to restart a fresh after HD crash in 08.

Heck, that might as well be >100%....

A normal day (for me, anyhow):
24h -
07h Sleep
08h Work
03h Commuting

= ~6 hours per day at home whilst conscious. It would take >3 days to
watch each day of your recordings, provided I never did anything else!
(In reality I watch extremely little TV, but maintain the system for
those who do)

For what it's worth, my actual stats:

Number of shows:        533
Number of episodes:    5024
First recording:            Sunday February 15th, 2009
Last recording:            Tuesday February 12th, 2013
Total Running Time:     3 years 11 months 27 days 21 hrs 57 mins
Total Recorded:           7 months 17 days 17 hrs 24 mins
Percent of time spent recording: 15% (Despite this relatively small
number, it's still necessary to have 3 tuners, because everything is
on Saturday night...)

I've been using Myth for about 2 years longer than that, but I lost my
database on one of the upgrades.

- Chris