[mythtv-users] Repeating previously recorded...

Jason Bilbrey jason at bilbrey.me
Mon Feb 11 16:24:19 UTC 2013

Ok, I thought that only marked a show as watched if you watched most of the
show but didn't go all the way to the end.  I didn't think it had any
effect if you didn't watch it at all.

According to this page from the MythTV wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Detailed_configuration_Frontend

If set, when you exit near the end of a recording it will be marked as
watched. The automatic detection is not foolproof, so do not enable this
setting if you don't want an unwatched recording to be marked for
expiration.

So will setting that really fix my issue?  I am certainly willing to try
it, but it doesn't seem like it will.

If MythTV can't handle the scenario (someone recording something but not
watching via the front end), I'm perfectly willing to write process that
updates the mythconverg database when I copy that show off my MythTV box to
mark the show as watched so that it doesn't re-record.  I just want to make
sure the functionality doesn't exist already in MythTV.