[mythtv-users] threaded email (was: MythTV 0.25 tuner inititialisation problem)

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 23:09:12 UTC 2013

On Feb 9, 2013 3:52 PM, "Raymond Wagner" <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 2/9/2013 16:15, Jeremy Jones wrote:
>>

>> On Feb 9, 2013 2:07 PM, "Raymond Wagner" <raymond at wagnerrp.com
>> <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
>>  >
>>  > On 2/9/2013 11:27, Jeremy Jones wrote:
>>  >>
>>  >> Gmail at least sorts the threaded messages by date!
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > Why would you do something so awkward as to thread by date
>>
>> I wouldn't.   The messages are threaded by subject.  But the threads are
>> sorted by date. As opposed to alphabetically by subject.
>

> That's still wrong. They shouldn't be threaded by subject either. A tree
should be built based off the In-Reply-To field in the email headers.

Okay...
I thought the term 'threaded' implied that.

My  point was that MS office does not sort threads or conversations by how
new they are.

Had you ever tried to use conversation view in outlook you would understand
my gripe.  It is horribly broken.  The statement about sorting by date that
you latched onto was intended to mean that gmail sorts threads by how
recent replies to said thread were sent.

I apologize for my inadequate communication skills.

Jeremy