[mythtv-users] Progress Bar Location?

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sat Feb 9 16:53:27 UTC 2013

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote on Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 10:50:40AM -0500:
> On 02/09/2013 10:15 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> >Joey Morris wrote, On 02/09/2013 07:00 AM:

> >>Permanently? Yes, edit the theme. Temporarily during playback? I don't
> >>think you can, but I'm not completely sure.
> >>

> >Too bad its not dynamic. Some sports (NBA) put the running score
> >on the bottom, others (MLB,NFL) on the top. The progress bar is
> >going to cover one or the other.
>
> Pretty sure you can make it "kind-of" dynamic...  There are multiple
> views shown (cycled through with the INFO button--often the first
> shows time/position within the recording and the second shows
> recording details or whatever), and I think I've seen themes that
> make some of them appear in different areas.  I don't know if it's
> hard coded to 2 views or if more are possible.
>
> Note: I am not a themer, so I may well be wrong.
>
> If it is as easy as defining more, each at a different location, it
> wouldn't take much to make MythTV remember which one of those views
> was last displayed and to default to that same view on the next
> display.  I'd be happy to do that part of the coding if someone can
> prove the "just define a few different locations" works (and,
> especially if we currently allow more than 2 views).

I believe you can have just 2 views. The osd_status window is
displayed when you hit INFO the first time, and the program_info
window is displayed if you hit INFO again before the osd_status window
disappears. You can edit the theme to place them at different positions
on the screen, though, so that's a clever solution.