[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.25 tuner inititialisation problem

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 20:47:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 02/08/2013 03:05 PM, mythtv . wrote:
>
>> On 8 February 2013 20:02, Lists wrote:
>>
>>  On 2/8/2013 11:45 AM, mythtv . wrote:
>>>
>>>  I am assuming my posts to the list are working but I don't see them
>>>>
>>> If you can't see your own posts then how are you replying to them?
>>> Yes your posts are making it to the list.
>>>
>>>  Cheers Jim,
>>
>> I am using gmail and I get to them from my sent folder. Maybe its gmail
>> just being clever?
>>
>> Anyway they are making the list
>>

> Yes, that's what happens when you use gmail instead of using email--after
> all, what fun would it be if Google did thing like a) the rest of the world
> and b) the user would expect.  gmail won't show any of your own posts to
> the list until someone replies to it.
>
> Mike

Actually that's exactly what I would want and expect, even though it may
not be typical mailing list behavior... The reason why Gmail is so popular
is simply BECAUSE Google didn't do email like the rest of the world (I
can't go back to unthreaded email!) The Sent Mail folder is perfectly
usable if I want to have a conversation with myself. :-D