[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.25 tuner inititialisation problem

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 16:45:11 UTC 2013

On 5 February 2013 14:40, mythtv . <mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk> wrote:

> On 4 February 2013 08:09, mythtv . <mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have been running MythTV 0.24 on Mythbuntu 11.04 using two twin tuner
>> Hauppauge DVB-T NOva-TD USB sticks with no problems for several years.
>>
>> I recently updated to Mythbuntu 12.04LTS and MythTV0.25 and now have the
>> following problem:
>>
>> On rebooting (or restarting mythbackend having configured mythbackend)
>> recordings/live TV will fail the first time.
>>
>> The easiest way to see this is to reboot and then go into Live TV. Myth
>> will get a Partial Lock and then flag the error that a lock should have
>> been received. Exiting LiveTV and then going back to viewing and it works
>> fine. This procedure has to be done for each Tuner (1 thro 4 - 2 twin tuner
>> sticks). But once done on say tuner 1 my second virtual tuner on tuner 1
>> will be fine so probably an intitialisation issue? After doing this it
>> works flawlessly until the next restart of mythbackend/reboot and the
>> procedure must be done again.
>>
>> I have tried deleting all tuners etc in the backend setup and
>> re-configuring but still the same.
>>
>> Any ideas? Is this a known problem? Would moving up yet again to 0.26
>> solve this?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Martin
>>

> Has no-one encountered this? I am quite happy to go to 0.26 if its
> something known and would be fixed but otherwise 0.25 seems to do what I
> need and work so don't want to upgrade if it isnt going to solve anything?
>
> Martin

I am assuming my posts to the list are working but I don't see them myself
and have had no replies??? can someone confirm please?

Anyway a bit more info...I have gone to 0.26 and I still have the same
problem.

It appears to be something in mythbackend....if I reboot the machine and
use mplayer I get a tuned channel first time. Shutting down mplayer,
starting mythbackend and then watching LiveTV in Mythfrontend then I still
get a failure and a Partial Lock at the first attempt to access each tuner.