[mythtv-users] Problems with Hauppauge Nova-TD Dual Channel Diversity USB Stick (aka Elgato TD Diversity)

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 8 08:54:47 UTC 2013

Right Chaps

It does appear to be that bug (I'll be re-opening it shortly)

Running femon allowed me to get the device recognised but I can't get
a 'stable' lock with any permutation of LNA on or off and femon
running or not running while running the backend and then frontend
trying to tune into a channel.

Sometimes I'll get lucky and it'll tune, sometimes not.......I haven't
yet worked out which is the best combination and some muxes seem more
likely to tune then others, as I said in my previous posting if I use
VLC I get every channel first time no problem (and I didn't have to
turn LNA option on in modprobe.d).

My only other option is the 290e DVB-T2 HD USB stick (if I have to buy
something I might as well buy the HD version), however I remember a
while back it wouldn't swap from HD mode to SD mode without a modprobe
reload, if I remember it was a driver issue.  Does anyone know is that
now working properly.

By the way the version of myth from the Ubuntu repos is 25.1 fixes,
any chance 26 has fixed my problem with the existing Hauppauge NOVA-TD
Dual Diversity sticks?

Thanks for the help and suggestions so far.