[mythtv-users] Tip of my week (ubuntu)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 05:42:18 UTC 2013

(Hopefully not too of topic)

Recently installed mythbuntu 12.04 on my backend server. Upon reboot my LCD
1920x1080 TV complained that grub's screen (or perhaps the bootsplash, hard
to tell when it is unable to be seen) were out  of range - same when I
plugged into an LCD monitor. Eventually boot was completed and X was fine.

Wanting to be able to see the boot as the manufacturer intended, I looked
for a solution. The solution was to install some package that went out in
precise (although present in oneric), so no use to me.

Googling about eventually found grub-customizer
http://www.ubuntututorials.com/grub-customizer-startupmanager-ubuntu-12-04/which
fixed the problem,

So anyone with a similar problem, there you are :)