[mythtv-users] Mythvideo and two-part movies

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Wed Feb 6 21:10:41 UTC 2013

On 05/02/13 22:52, Ian Evans wrote:
> Just curious how any of you handle two-part movies, i.e. long movies
> that a director has spread over two discs because they didn't want to
> compromise quality. Is there any way to make it play seamlessly? Also,
> what is the file naming protocol for one film cut in two?
>
> Thanks.

I use Handbrake to rip them to 2 mkv files, then use the append option
in mkvmerge to combine them into a single file.

Only gotcha, you have to ensure that you rip both files to the same
resolution (i.e. use the same crop settings in Handbrake).

Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started