[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 12.04 / mythtv 0.26 - out of box transcode does not work?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Tue Feb 5 23:50:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

On a fresh clean mythbuntu 12.04 (there is no 12.10?) set to the 26.0
repository you cannot transcode a video.

The log shows an error:

     CoreContext transcode.cpp:1374 (TranscodeFile) Please ensure that
recording profiles for the transcoder are set

Where do I create these transcoding profiles now?

A post from 2008 says it was in
     Frontend>Setup>TV Settings

But this doesn't exist any more.

I found something in backend setup about transcoding, but it was not clear
what this is actually used for.  Anyway I created a "Default", but it does
not affect the issue.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to make this work?

Surely I can't be the only person with a fresh mythbuntu (re)install that
wants to transcode ??

thanks,
-kt