[mythtv-users] MythBuntu Mythcommflag closed

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:10:20 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Josh Rosenberg <mythtv at desh.info> wrote:
> I am also experiencing this; it's quite annoying.  I'm happy to
> provide debugging info to anyone who would like to look at it.  Is
> there a proper place beyond this list to report a bug?

The mythcommflag "Failed with exit status 140" message usually
indicates that mythcommflag has segfaulted.  If you capture a stack
trace, you will usually find that it has crashed somewhere in the
ffmpeg code, and this is strongly suspected to be a result of a glitch
in the recording that the ffmpeg code doesn't handle robustly.  This
behavior is present in the current Master, 0.26, and other earlier
versions.

The next logical question is, why then doesn't mythfrontend similarly
crash during playback of such recordings?  The most likely reason is
that mythcommflag initializes the decoder with a different set of
flags/options for performance reasons, but perhaps there is a better
explanation.

Jim