[mythtv-users] No recordings visible in mythfrontend, but mythweb is fine

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Feb 5 14:08:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Andrey Zhunev <a-j at a-j.ru> wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>

> Monday, February 4, 2013, 10:56:17 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On 02/03/2013 12:27 PM, Andrey Zhunev wrote:
> >> Some time ago my friend complained that he stopped seeing  recordings
> >> in the 'Watch Videos -->  Recordings' menu. I thought he set a filter,
> >> or chosen a wrong group, but when I checked it, it was not the case.
> >> He can see the number of available recordings when he chooses a group.
> >> But then the list of recordings never appears on the screen.
> >> New recordings that are made nowadays also do no appear in the list.
> >>
> >> Surprisingly, he can see all of the recordings in MythWeb just fine.
>
> > Full frontend logs:
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Posting_Logs#Getting_Useful_Logs
>
> > though it's likely an upgrade to 0.26-fixes would fix the issue.
>

> Sorry, didn't see your message on time.
>
> Here is a -v all log of mythfrontend (I put it onto my hosting, as
> it's too big for pastebin): http://www.amg-rc.ru/fr1.log
> It contains start of the frontend and going through the menu to the
> list of videos, which was shown empty.
> Hope there will be something that points out the issue (I didn't find it
> though).
>

> I'm also thinking of upgrading his system to 0.26. But this likely
> means a reinstall / upgrade of Fedora, so that looks like a big
> project with many dependencies...

I did in place upgrades from Fedora 13 to Fedora 16 without too much
trouble. Fedora 17+ looks like a mess, so I stayed at 16 for now. Just
follow the 'yum upgrade' docs on the Fedora site and you should be fine on
the OS side. It's time consuming since you have to go 14->15->16, you can't
just leapfrog 15. I always run trunk, so I just recompiled after the
upgrade and everything just 'worked' with minimal cleanup. I think LIRC was
the only thing that broke for me.

Tom