[mythtv-users] Two Pixel Offset at Top of Screen With git Version as of 2 Feb 2013

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:28:21 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> Do we really scale 1088 to 1080? Surely we should truncate to avoid the detrimental effects of scaling. I know a lot of us have gone to some effort to buy a true 1080 display with defeatable overscan. Don't we lose any advantage of doing so if myth performs an unnecessary scaling?
>
> I'd always assumed 1088 was really a misreported 1080 with no intention that the bottom 8 lines be displayed. Is that not the case?

This is probably the case.  However, when I study the HD-PVR sample,
it appears that the bottom two lines (out of 1088 total lines) have
the green line garbage, and 6 lines above have legitimate picture
information.

In any case, the scaling trick to hide the green line only works on a
16:9 aspect ratio display, so I will try to get the code to truncate
the source before it gets to the scaling step.

Jim