[mythtv-users] Recommendation for a Cheap Frontend.

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Mon Feb 4 08:45:32 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

>> Admittedly, my system has a fairly large number of recordings (~ 4800).

> FWIW, you may want to consider moving any archived shows/movies to Video Library.  At least in
> mythfrontend, the UI in Video Library is much better for managing large collections of video than that
> in Watch Recordings (which is primarily meant as a place for new recordings to appear and disappear as
> you record and watch).  See
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/519758#519758 and
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/519996#519996 for more.

Thanks for the reminder; this has been on my to-do list for quite some time now, will look into it.

Would you use mythvidexport.py (from https://github.com/wagnerrp/mythtv-scripts/blob/master/python/mythvidexport.py) as a user job to make the actual move or do you have another recommendation for actually moving recordings to permanent storage in mythvideo? I'm looking for something that  can be triggered using the remote control so it's usable by all persons using the myth system, not just by myself.

Thanks, Martin
No Disclaimer.icomedias