[mythtv-users] Recommendation for a Cheap Frontend.

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Fri Feb 1 10:40:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

How many recordings do you have on the myth backend? I've just done some experiments with backend 0.26 and XBMC Myth PVR Plugin; admittedly, my system has a fairly large number of recordings (~ 4800).

The Myth PVR Plugin on PI is not usable: select "recordings, wait 2 minutes for the list of recgroups. Select one, wait another 2 minutes for list of titles. Select one, wait > 1 minute for list of shows/subtitles.

Actual playback of h.264 and mpeg2  (mpeg2 codec licensed) works quite well but metadata navigation is not acceptable.

Pi was running Raspbmc with nightly build of XBMC 12 (Frodo)

No Disclaimer.icomedias