[mythtv-users] input connections for dual tuner?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Dec 31 21:36:19 UTC 2013

On 31/12/13 20:17, UB40D wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com
> <mailto:mike.bibbings at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     You only need to scan once per video source. Just set the second
>     tuner to use the same video source as the first.
>

> Thanks.
>
> So am I right in thinking that I should have
>
>   two capture cards
>      /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
>      /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
>
>   only one video source
>      eit
>
> two input connections
>     /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 (dvbinput) -> eit
>     /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 (dvbinput) -> eit
>
> ?
>
> But the scan is not done in the video source page (where I define EIT):
> it's done in each of the the input connections pages---that's where I
> see the "scan for channels" button. So what then?

Can't you just ignore that invitation and move on to the next step?

I suppose there will be some differences with DVB-S or the drivers, but
using DVB-T I never scan until I get to the Channel Editor pages.
Unless I have reason to believe that the mux/transport parameters have
changed I just check there that the listed Transports look ok, delete
all the channels for the appropriate 'input connection' and scan for
channels; usually just 'on all known transports.'  For DVB-T UK the
separate muxes are coordinated and it makes sense to tick the 'look for
linked Transports' box, but that may not work for you.

HTH

John P