[mythtv-users] Compile error: .27 + CentOS + QT5

Michael A Weber mweberjunk01 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 15:08:16 UTC 2013

On Dec 29, 2013, at 12:15 PM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

> > Therefore, my recommendation is to remove all QT, install QT48, and compile against that.  It should > get you functioning in short(er) order.
>
> OK - I think you're right.  Strangely, the packagers have made Qt5 available for CentOS 6, but Qt4 stops at 4.6
>
> So how did you get Qt 4.8 onto your system?

There are several ways to do this, but if you want to use yum to do it (recommended), you can create a local repository and then use yum to do it and have it find all the rpms and dependencies that way.  Otherwise, you can just use local install option of yum to get the job done, or even worse, just use rpm program itself (but not recommended).  Since my machine is dedicated to myth, I did the local install as opposed to the local repository and got it all installed that way.

Also, removing all other QT was discouraged in a previous email response.  However, for me, QT was only used with Myth, there were no dependencies on it, and removing it was not a problem.  Additionally, I prefer to have a clean system and not multiple versions of software if not needed, so this worked better for me, but it is your choice.  You can always tell whether you should continue with the removal if you find that other things are dependent upon QT when you use yum to remove it, and then decide if you want to continue or not.  My system had no dependencies, so it worked perfectly.

The rpms I used for QT are:

phonon-backend-gstreamer-4.8.5-24.el6.x86_64.rpm
qt48-4.8.5-24.el6.x86_64.rpm
qt48-designer-plugin-phonon-4.8.5-24.el6.x86_64.rpm
qt48-devel-4.8.5-24.el6.x86_64.rpm
qt48-mysql-4.8.5-24.el6.x86_64.rpm
qt48-webkit-4.8.5-24.el6.x86_64.rpm
qt48-webkit-devel-4.8.5-24.el6.x86_64.rpm
qt48-x11-4.8.5-24.el6.x86_64.rpm

There is a circular dependency that will drive you crazy with phonon, but I vaguely remember installing an older phonon backend to trick it, and then got the X11 installed, then forced the update of phonon backend.  However, if you do the local repository and install all these at once, dependencies are all resolved OK and you won't have that problem.

Good luck!