[mythtv-users] Compile error: .27 + CentOS + QT5

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Dec 29 20:22:33 UTC 2013

On 29/12/13 19:51, HP-mini wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-12-29 at 13:15 -0500, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
>>> Therefore, my recommendation is to remove all QT, install QT48, and
>> compile against that.  It should > get you functioning in short(er)
>> order.
>>
>> OK - I think you're right.  Strangely, the packagers have made Qt5
>> available for CentOS 6, but Qt4 stops at 4.6
>>
>> So how did you get Qt 4.8 onto your system?
>> ______
>

> I would recommend not removing all other (system) Qt components..
> You can build install another Qt version into any custom location or
> simply /usr/local/...
>
> You can download any Qt version from Digia/Trolltech.
>
> MythTV configure requires an additional option
> "--qmake=/usr/local/bin/qmake"
> The path depends on your choice for Qt install configuration.
>
> The most difficult part of this is determining required Qt configure
> options (& dependencies).
> My best guess so far is:
> ./configure -prefix /usr/local -no-accessibility -qt-zlib -qt-sql-mysql
> -no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-odbc -no-libmng -nomake examples -nomake demos
> -nomake designer -no-nis -no-cups -no-phonon -no-svg -no-multimedia
> -no-javascript-jit -no-scripttools
>
> Potential Qt related "Not working":
> - Jpeg image channel icons
> YMMV.

I have had 0.27-fixes running under ScientificLinux 6.4 for several
months, with only the MythTV-sourced code needing to be built locally.
Everything else is package-based, using a mix of repos, as quoted here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/556970#556970

For Myth I just (rpmbuild --rebuild)ed from the RPMfusion f18 SRPM,
until the last time when I had problems that were probably a result of
not clearing the rpmbuild folders first.  My last build was from a git
tarball.  I made comments in the link about the advisability of using an
el6 clone for Myth, but now I'm facing an f18 upgrade and may shortly
feel differently.

John P