[mythtv-users] Compile error: .27 + CentOS + QT5

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Dec 29 19:51:45 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-12-29 at 13:15 -0500, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> > Therefore, my recommendation is to remove all QT, install QT48, and
> compile against that.  It should > get you functioning in short(er)
> order.
>
> OK - I think you're right.  Strangely, the packagers have made Qt5
> available for CentOS 6, but Qt4 stops at 4.6
>
> So how did you get Qt 4.8 onto your system?
> ______

I would recommend not removing all other (system) Qt components..
You can build install another Qt version into any custom location or
simply /usr/local/...

You can download any Qt version from Digia/Trolltech.

MythTV configure requires an additional option
"--qmake=/usr/local/bin/qmake"
The path depends on your choice for Qt install configuration.

The most difficult part of this is determining required Qt configure
options (& dependencies).
My best guess so far is:
./configure -prefix /usr/local -no-accessibility -qt-zlib -qt-sql-mysql
-no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-odbc -no-libmng -nomake examples -nomake demos
-nomake designer -no-nis -no-cups -no-phonon -no-svg -no-multimedia
-no-javascript-jit -no-scripttools

Potential Qt related "Not working":
- Jpeg image channel icons
YMMV.