[mythtv-users] Diskless LTSP Frontend

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 29 16:04:32 UTC 2013

>Another question: is this set up suitable for development? Can you build
>mythtv within the chroot environment? I'm worrying about ending up with
>a build tailored to running on the server rather than the client. I
>have a similar set up here, but I install the client onto a temporary
>harddisc, rsync the installation to the server and then run the client
>using nfs. When I build mythtv for the client, I make sure I run
>at least the ./configure step on the client. I don't know whether
>any of this is relevant or important.

Yes, this should work.  The chroot environment looks like a full working ubuntu desktop.

You should be able to install build tools and make whatever changes you like.  Create the LTSP client image and see what happens.

You should also be able to make "backup copies" of the image and put it back it the next version does not work.

ie.

cp -r /opt/ltsp/images /opt/ltsp/backup_images

You may also want to backup the main dir

cp -r /opt/ltsp/amd64 /opt/ltsp/backup_amd64

Craig