[mythtv-users] Frontend: Watch Recordings - Search List

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Dec 29 10:22:06 UTC 2013

On 29/12/2013 10:57 p.m., Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:07:48 +1300, you wrote:
>
>> In desperation I took a punt to see if I could find a search window. Low
>> and behold I find the search list that comes up, using Ctrl+S, which
>> seems one of the great hidden features(?) of the frontend as it is not
>> listed in the Key bindings list that I can see. (0.25)
>>
>> I've added this feature to the wiki but have not found how one does this
>> with an IR remote, can one do this also using a remote using the
>> numerical alphnumerical keys to enter search text?
>
> In 0.27, Ctrl+S is in Setup > Edit Keys > Global > SEARCH ("Show
> incremental search dialog").  The Global Ctrl+S keybinding is
> overridden by local Ctrl+S keybindings in:
>
>    Game >  INCSEARCH
>    Music > INCSEARCH
>    Video > INCSEARCH

I'd looked under the mythweb settings, which expectedly seem to mimic
what you find but with no Global search facility shown nor specific
search function key specifically under "Recordings".

> This is a great find!  I have been needing a search capability, but
> had not gotten around to looking for it.  I can see it is going to be
> very useful.

I expected I was not the only one to not know...!! The team work rolls
on!! Now if the IR remote will also search the list?