[mythtv-users] mythcommflag logo detection does not work

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 21:46:51 UTC 2013

On 12/26/13, 4:43 PM, Roger Siddons wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 21:02:29 -0000, Ken Mandelberg
> <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
>
>> Stefan Pappalardo <sjuk at gmx.de> wrote, On 12/26/2013 07:00 AM:
>>> I've added my silence.preset file in the mythtv wiki. Perhaps you
>>> should
>>> consider to change the Heading for the article, to make it easier to
>>> find for people from Australia and Germany (or the rest of the world).
>>
>> Would this be useful in the US?
>>

> I doubt it. It requires a moment of silence between advert &
> programme. AIUI your adverts are seamless.
> Otherwise mythcommflag would have been doing it long ago...
I remember years ago, there was a VCR that skipped commercials. It
relied upon a brief video blanking period and silence.
Obviously, the folks that are sponsoring the program disliked that
notion, it made their commercials worthless for a segment of market.
So, now we have seamless commercials in the US.
The more popular the program, the more of the damned things we get.
Seamlessly. In a way not easily detectable by automation.

I'd not be surprised to see the next home video disc market to be
heavily online and have commercials.